Author Topic: Book with wrong Metadata, wrong Description  (Read 767 times)

March 04, 2021, 01:43:42 AM
Read 767 times

George

• Information
  • Novice reader
Book with wrong Metadata, wrong Description
« on: March 04, 2021, 01:43:42 AM »
As I often did before, I tried to upload the corrected version of this book:

Gaiman, Neil - Sternwanderer
http://kx5thpx2olielkihfyo4jgjqfb7zx7wxr3sd4xzt26ochei4m6f7tayd.onion/book/xkGUQ9O17adWi09D

This time a message shows:
"The uploaded book is already in the library (it could be in the moderation queue)"

I know it is, but it has some errors, which I corrected. If it is possible, look at my submissions and take the uploaded book instead of the existing. Or delete the existing, so I can upload the corrected version.

In the upload-process always the message shows:
"Check if the book is already in the library, please remove the books that are already in the library in a better or similar edition/quality. You can click on the title or the authors to search for similar books in the library."

This makes no sense. Removing books isn't possible, and removing books with better quality is probably meant the other way. But I can't remove books, no matter which reason.

It would be helpful to comply with the next advice:
"Edit if needed the title, authors, publisher, ..."

I would love to do that, in order to improve the quality of the contents. At least registered users with some history in helping to make things better should be enabled to do that. My approach was always to download the book, edit the erroneous data and upload it again. Is there no way to do corrections online?

March 05, 2021, 02:19:40 AM
Reply #1

George

• Information
  • Novice reader
Re: Book with wrong Metadata, wrong Description
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 02:19:40 AM »
I managed to upload the corrected Version.

March 15, 2021, 06:29:35 PM
Reply #2

Las Zenow

• Information
  • Avid reader
  • Chief Librarian
  • You just leave it to the Library.
    • Imperial Library of Trantor
Re: Book with wrong Metadata, wrong Description
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 06:29:35 PM »
I'm happy you manged to get your upload there. Thanks for the contributions.

The first text that you mention is telling you that a very same epub file, with your modifications included is already or in the library or in the moderation queue. If you have done manual modifications to the epub this should only happen if you upload the book twice.

I guess the text is confused. What you can remove is your own uploads, at least until they get approved/deleted by a moderator. You can also edit the metadata of the upload or add comments that will be really helpful for the moderators for example to know that your book is an improved version of an existing one.

But I know the website is not so easy to follow, as most of the times the 'post-upload' page is loaded before the books has being processed by the library and you need to manually reload the page to actually see the edit/delete buttons. We need to give it some thinking on how to improve the process or at least explain it better in the page.
Happy reading!!!